Wednesday 6 January 2016

Movie Experience: The Theory Of Everything


A new thing I want to incorporate onto my blog are my movie experiences. I would say that I watch about a movie a week, that is if I have the time. So I thought that it would be helpful to look at the different camera shots and identify them, or look at how the editing has been done, or even how the director has changed the lighting to fit the mood. I could go on. I guess you could say this is my New Year's Blogolution ;)


I have just watched The Theory of Everything and may I just say it was amazing!! No wonder Eddie Redmayne won the 'Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role', it was truly amazing. If you have not watched it I would really recommend it. Not only did it bring me to tears, but it made me laugh and really appreciate life.

I movie was directed by James Marsh. He uses many different camera shots that I found very weird. Like the shot was very odd and I would have never have though to use that, it was the scene where Steven Hawking was told to he had motor-neuron disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). I just found it very odd but it worked.

The movie was just amazing and I would recommend it to everyone. Eddie Redmayne performs beautifully and really gets into the character of Steven Hawking.



The movie also won the following awards:


Golden Globe 2015: Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (Eddie Redmayne) and Best Original Score - Motion Picture (Johann Johannsson)

BAFTA Awards 2015: Alexander Korda Award for Best British Film and BAFTA Film award for: Best Leading Actor (Eddie Redmayne) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Anthony McCarten)


I mean the list goes on and on, but overall they won an amazing 24 awards and they were nominated for 109 overall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment